The Sacrament of Baptism invites Christians into a lifelong commitment to the Christian faith. The solemn vows and promises made at baptism define our faith and our relationship to God, the Church and the world.
In baptism, with God’s help, we commit to the following vows and promises:
- Will you continue in the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in the prayers?
- Will you persevere in resisting evil, and, whenever you fall into sin, repent and return to the Lord?
- Will you proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ?
- Will you seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself?
- Will you strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being? ~ Book of Common Prayer pp.304-5
Come explore what it means to live into these promises at St. Luke’s! We invite all who are curious about exploring their journey of faith to join us in living into this covenant to the best of our abilities.